At the IDEF 2013 defense exhibition currently held in Istanbul, Turkey, Aselsan and Thales are showcasing a new gyro stabilized naval turret designed for small displacement ships.
The Aselsan Missile Launching System (MLS) developed to provide defense for oil rigs, seaports and naval bases against a variety of surface threats is a customized compact and lightweight solution for Fast Interceptor Crafts. It has minimum weight and reduced impact on vessel's speed and maneuverability.
Thales LMM (Lightweight Multi-role Missile) is a lightweight, precision strike missile, which has been designed to be fired from a variety of tactical platforms including helicopters, fixed or rotary winged UAV, wheeled or tracked vehicles or fast in-shore naval craft. The target set includes surface threats such as static installations, APC's, assymetric threats, fast in-shore attack craft and UAV's.
- 8 ready to fire Thales LMM
- 2 axis gyro stabilized turret
- Automatic target tracking through independant stabalized EO suite
- Laser range finder foor target ranging
- High hit performance with fast reaction time
- High level system automation for ease of use
- Ease of integration into existing and new built small vessels
- Low maintenance cost and high reliability